Brown Sugar Graham Cookies
Makes about 48, depending on how you cut them
1lb. box Nabisco graham crackers (3 packs), broken into squares
1 ½ cups unsalted butter (3 sticks)
2 C. packed dark brown sugar
1 C chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread 1 layer graham crackers in greased 10 x 15” pan. You may need to break them into the small rectangles to get a full layer.
- Combine HALF of butter and HALF of brown sugar (3/4 cup and 1 cup, respectively) in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and let boil 3 minutes. Pour syrup over crackers; bake for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining butter and brown sugar in the saucepan, making another batch of the syrup. Add walnuts when it starts to boil.
- When the pan comes out of the oven, add another layer of grahams (It’s important to act quickly when adding the second layer, otherwise the layers don’t stick together). Pour syrup over, and bake 10 more minutes.
- When slightly cool cut in strips. If you wait too long to cut, they break.